Perdere la faccia
Short and discussion
Menoventi – Daniele Ciprì
by Menoventi – Daniele Ciprì
direction Daniele Ciprì
with Consuelo Battiston, Alessandro Miele, Rita Felicetti.
story and screenplay Consuelo Battiston, Gianni Farina, Alessandro Miele
photography Daniele Ciprì
editing Gianni Farina
picture Nicola Samorì
co-production Menoventi e Santarcangelo 41
with the support of Regione Emilia-Romagna e Banca di Romagna
with the sponsorship of Comune di Faenza
created thanks to Accordo GECO 2 Giovani Evoluti e Consapevoli – Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri – Dipartimento della Gioventù – Regione Emilia-Romagna, realized by Emilia-Romagna Teatro Fondazione
CODA – TEATRI DEL PRESENTE
Running time 50’
The fact is that at a certain point the tyranny of perspective isolates us.
We humans, that is.
Perhaps the characters of a film operate in an alternate way, free from the shackles of a particular point of view.
Afterall, their life is a declared work of fiction.
We, however, can't utter a word without lying; that accursed framing of the world that we call perception imposes upon us a loneliness and falsehood. But...
Maybe we could attempt to avoid this deception by framing the shot and, thus, transforming ordinary fiction into a subtle trick.
In this way, at least, the falsehood would be explicit, pure, white like the cinema screen.
It is, indeed, this search for sincerity that is the impetus for the adventure that involves the three main characters of the short film, interpreted by the actor-guinea pigs that have to deal with a direction that is indifferent and hypnotic, but at the same time fantastic and ironic too.
Illusions of all kinds form part of the journey of the protagonists - strange beings that, in almost autistic alienation, will find purification and in obedience the only path to follow to reach an otherwise inconceivable truth.
Losing the role for consumption, throw away the mask as you would throw in the towel, losing identity, losing the mind, losing everything.
Menoventi – Daniele Ciprì
- 20 is a temperature
- 19 Watching upside down the thermometer of a warm salon, you can realise that it's your own home's temperature, only the point of view changes.
- 18 Actual reality is reality upside down actually.
- 17 It's not time for us to define our poetic, yet.
- 16 Recurrent themes follow us; it's up to them, not us.
- 15 There's a working approach, a stochastic method. Following the ways of randomness, we torture ideas and give up finding a shape.
- 14 Every new project startles us, and for this reason we damn it for months.
- 13 Randomness torments us, and for this reason we publicly accuse it.
- 12 The Public exists.
- 11 The show wants to happen
- 10 Here and now, Time contorts itself inside the present
- 9 The Public exists.
- 8 If we say what we say, something is going to be.
- 7 Predictable becomes inconceivable.
- 6 Does the Public exist?
- 5 The actor can see it for sure, but this doesn't mean anything
- 4 The Public can see the actor for sure, but this is another story.
- 3 Sometimes the little figures we place on stage are laughable.
- 2 Sometimes everything is so naive.
- 1 Sometimes we get warmer, just a little.
0 It's still very cold
Consuelo Battiston, Gianni Farina and Alessandro Miele come from different regions of Italy, where they follow different paths on their own. United from a common way to feel and think the Theatre, they found Menoventi's theatre company in 2005.